The DRUK JOURNAL, now entering its eighth year, is contributing to Bhutan’s growth as a democracy and as a modern nation. It is becoming an increasingly vibrant public space in which we encourage our contributors to expand our national discourse by introducing new ideas and concepts into the Bhutanese conversation.
Through regular publications, an interactive website, and open... read more
Spring 2023 Volume 9, Issue 1: Ensuring Mental Well-being in Bhutan
- Addressing Mental Health in Bhutan
- The Institution of “The PEMA” for Mental Health Care for Bhutan
- Mental Health Situation in South-East Asia: Challenges and the Way Forward Pema Lethro and Andrea Bruni
Autumn 2022 Volume 8, Issue 2: Local Government – Critical to Democratic Governance
- Democracy and Local Government in Bhutan
- The Local Government Election: An Examination of the legality of Electoral Process
- Who Should Bow to Whom? Power and Politics between the Dzongda and the Thrizin
Spring 2022 Volume 8, Issue 1: Democracy Today
- Developing Democracy for the Short and Long Term
- A Spirit of Democracy: Shifting Mindsets and Attitudes
- Bhutan Civics Education:Insights and Perspectives of Stakeholders
- Apolitical Nature of the Civil Service
Autumn 2021 Volume 7, Issue 2: Bhutanese Youth-Their Aspirations, Concerns, and Mandate
- Bhutanese Youth: The Situation
- Impact on Society
- How Bhutan Responds
Spring 2021 Volume 7, Issue 1: Bhutan After the COVID-19 Crisis
- Governance Through Change
- Re-planning Essential Sectors
- The Early Years
- The Later Years
Autumn 2020 Volume 6, Issue 2: Urban Bhutan - the Story
- Urban Development - the Concept
- Bhutan’s Cities – What Consequences
- Preserving Bhutan - the Last Chance?
Spring 2020 Volume 6, Issue 1 : Bhutan in the Age of Technology
- Reaching for Technology
- Digitalising Services
- The age of Technology
Autumn 2019 Volume 5, Issue 2 : Tourism in Bhutan
- Impact of Tourism
- Tourism in Region
- Views on Tourism
Spring 2019 Volume 5, Issue 1: Educating Bhutan
- Concept of Learning
- Understanding Education
- Bhutan's Education System
- The Foreign Experience
- From the Political parties
Winter 2018 Volume 4, Issue 2 : Tranforming Bhutan's Economy
- The Bhutanese Economy
- The Economic Climate
- Where are the resources
- What are the priorities
Spring 2018 Volume 4, Issue 1: Democratisation of Bhutan
- Democracy in Bhutan
- Democracy Decentralised
- Politics of Democracy
- Reflections on the Electoral System
- Social Media and Democracy
- From the Political Parties
Winter 2017 Volume 3, Issue 2 : Civil Society in Bhutan
- Civil Society
- Civil Society – Early Days
- Civil Society – Growth
- Civil Society – Experiences Elsewhere
- Civil Society – Sustainability
Summer 2017 Volume 3, Issue 1: Towards a Sustainable Bhutan
- Towards a Sustainable Bhutan
- Vision and Governance
- Sustainability Concerns
- Sustainability of Sectors
Winter 2016 Volume 2, Issue 2: Youth Matters
- Wither Youth?
- Youth in Bhutan: Dreams and Dilemmas
- Youth in Other Societies
- The Interview
Summer 2016 Volume 2, Issue 1 : Bhutan and Modernity: Responding to Change
- Bhutan and Modernity: Responding to Change
- Governance in Modern Bhutan
- Cultural Trends in Modern Bhutan
- Lifestyle Trends in Modern Bhutan
Winter 2015 Volume 1, Issue 2: The Bhutanese State and Its Instituition
- The Bhutanese State and its Institutions
- Culture and the Arts
- Views from Abroad
- The Interview
Spring 2015 Volume 1, Issue 1: National Identity
- National Identity
- Culture and the Arts
- Young Voices
- From Abroad
- The Interview
National IdentityEvent Date: 01-04-2015
Venue: BCMD, Thimphu
The launch of the Druk Journal is dedicated to the fourth Druk Gyalpo, His Majesty Jigme Singye Wangchuck, as...
Conversation Report: Ensuring Mental Well-being in BhutanPost Date: May 5th, 2023
The Druk Journal released its spring issue (Volume 9, Issue 1, 2023) on the theme, Ensuring Mental Well-being in...
Conversation Report: Local GovernmentPost Date: January 9th, 2023
Volume 8, Issue 2 of The Druk Journal titled Local Government was published in October 2022. The journal has...
Conversation Video: Democracy TodayPost Date: November 28th, 2022
The Druk Journal (TDJ) conversation for Volume 8, Issue 1, “Democracy Today”. Three speakers who contributed articles to this issue...
Conversation Report: Democracy TodayPost Date: May 27th, 2022
Volume 8, Issue 1 of The Druk Journal titled Democracy Today was published in May 2022. The Journal has...
Conversation Videos: Bhutanese Youth -Their Aspirations, Concerns, and MandatePost Date: January 24th, 2022
The 14th issue of The Druk Journal was released with 17 articles on the theme Bhutanese Youth – Their...
Conversation Report: Bhutanese Youth -Their Aspirations, Concerns, and MandatePost Date: January 24th, 2022
Volume 7, Issue II of The Druk Journal titled Bhutanese Youth-Their Aspirations, Concerns and Mandate was published in November...
Here’s what a regular reader of the Druk Journal saysPost Date: May 9th, 2023
The 17th Druk Journal issue on Ensuring Mental Well-being in Bhutan is out NowPost Date: May 1st, 2023
The 17th Druk Journal issue on Ensuring Mental Well-being in Bhutan is out Now. Fourteen articles by local and...
Here’s what a regular reader of the Druk Journal saysPost Date: December 22nd, 2022
Press Release – The Druk Journal Conversation on Local GovernmentPost Date: December 1st, 2022
PRESS RELEASE The Druk Journal Conversation on Local Government Venue: Hotel Osel Date: 6th December, 2022 Time: 9:30AM –...
16th Druk Journal issue on Local Government is out NowPost Date: November 28th, 2022
The 16th Druk Journal issue on Local Government – Critical for Democratic Governance is out Now. Fifteen articles by...
Creative non-fiction writing workshopPost Date: September 2nd, 2022
October 14-17th, 2022 Award-winning journalist and best-selling author, Eric Weiner, is leading a workshop for Bhutanese writers interested in...